An online clinic on open educational resources (OER) and national policy on 27 September, 2021, was facilitated by Neil Butcher & Associates, in partnership with the EdTech Hub, UNESCO, the mEducation Alliance, and the Education Commission.
The workshop sought to cover the following issues:
- An overview of what OER is and how it links to broader concepts of openness
- Introduction to the UNESCO OER Recommendation and what this means for education and meeting FLN educational goals/needs
- Exploring the limitations of existing policies and what we can do to simplify policy to make it more effective, ‘open’, and supportive of OER
- Introducing case studies of effective OER use in FLN to support TPD and PAL and their potential application
- Discussing practical steps to harnessing OER to support national policy goals and improve FLN learning outcomes