NBA is supporting the national Department of Health (nDoH) in developing and implementing the Knowledge Hub (KH), a central, electronic interface that promotes easy access to relevant professional development opportunities, including, resources,...
Academy for Leadership and Management in Health Care (ALMH) Knowledge Hub (KH)
OER Africa is a ground-breaking initiative established by the South African Institute for Distance Education (Saide). As a lead partner in this initiative, NBA has been responsible for much of the conceptualization of OER Africa, including preparing...
Department of Higher Education and Training
NBA is currently managing the development of curriculum content and open learning materials for the Occupational Certificate: Electrician Programme (OCEP) for the South African Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET). The DHET has selected...
UNESCO ICT Competency Framework for Teachers
In 2013, NBA was contracted by UNESCO to support the development and review of the national ICT strategies of Kenya, Indonesia and Oman for the use of the UNESCO ICT CFT harnessing OER. NBA was also required to support the development of national...
NBA is committed to improving equitable access, quality and effectiveness of education read more »
We provide services ranging from policy advice, research and developing education systems read more »
We work with a variety of organisations and institutions in the developing world read more »
Neil Butcher & Associates (NBA) is committed to improving equitable access, quality, and effectiveness of education in developing countries.
PURPOSE, MISSION AND VALUES
We believe that effective education should equip learners to think critically, creatively, and independently, as well as to develop a sense of agency and responsibility for their lives and the world in which they live. Education should support learners to engage with the world of work and thus generate sustainable livelihoods, as well as becoming active, engaged, and accountable citizens. We believe that innovative teaching methodologies and judicious use of technology to enhance learning are key success factors for effective education. As consultants and project sub-contractors, we establish working relationships with educational providers and others working in the education sector to ensure the delivery of high quality products and services. We are committed to the delivery of innovative, excellent quality work, on time and at competitive prices to meet the needs of our clients and their educational constituencies. In this way we hope to contribute to the development of education in South Africa, Africa, and beyond.
OUR CORE SERVICES
In striving to fulfil our vision, we provide the following core services:
- Offering strategic planning and policy advice to significant role players in education planning and implementation.
- Designing projects and preparing detailed implementation strategies for educational initiatives of all scales.
- Conducting research and evaluation in the education sector.
- Developing and aggregating content for course, curriculum and training materials development; working in multiple media including print, video, audio and online multimedia.
- Developing, supporting and promoting the use of Open Education Resources (OER).
- Harnessing the use of open-source and proprietary ICT systems to develop online portals, specialising particularly in content development and management services.
Click here to view and download our resources.