OER Africa is a ground-breaking initiative established by the South African Institute for Distance Education (Saide). As a lead partner in this initiative, NBA has been responsible for much of the conceptualization of OER Africa, including preparing...
VUMA! Portal project
NBA designed, constructed and project managed the VUMA! Portal project which has been running successfully for over three years. The core purpose of the VUMA! Portal is to provide university students with support in adjusting to university, including...
Human Resource Development Council of South Africa (HRDCSA)
The HRDCSA website is the online presence for the Human Resource Development Council of South Africa (HRDCSA). It is a database-driven website that uses the Drupal platform and MySQL. The HRDC is...
NBA is committed to improving equitable access, quality and effectiveness of education read more »
We provide services ranging from policy advice, research and developing education systems read more »
We work with a variety of organisations and institutions in the developing world read more »
Neil Butcher & Associates (NBA) is committed to improving equitable access, quality, and effectiveness of education in developing countries.
PURPOSE, MISSION AND VALUES
We believe that effective education should equip learners to think critically, creatively, and independently, as well as to develop a sense of agency and responsibility for their lives and the world in which they live. Education should support learners to engage with the world of work and thus generate sustainable livelihoods, as well as becoming active, engaged, and accountable citizens. We believe that innovative teaching methodologies and judicious use of technology to enhance learning are key success factors for effective education. As consultants and project sub-contractors, we establish working relationships with educational providers and others working in the education sector to ensure the delivery of high quality products and services. We are committed to the delivery of innovative, excellent quality work, on time and at competitive prices to meet the needs of our clients and their educational constituencies. In this way we hope to contribute to the development of education in South Africa, Africa, and beyond.
OUR CORE SERVICES
In striving to fulfil our vision, we provide the following core services:
- Offering strategic planning and policy advice to significant role players in education planning and implementation.
- Designing projects and preparing detailed implementation strategies for educational initiatives of all scales.
- Conducting research and evaluation in the education sector.
- Developing and aggregating content for course, curriculum and training materials development; working in multiple media including print, video, audio and online multimedia.
- Developing, supporting and promoting the use of Open Education Resources (OER).
- Harnessing the use of open-source and proprietary ICT systems to develop online portals, specialising particularly in content development and management services.
Click here to view and download our resources.